Hilldale's Creative Arts Ministry is Creating an Ebook!
Interested in submitting your work?
Please read the guidelines below
The Fruit of the Spirit
A collaborative creation (anthology) from the Creative Arts Ministry of Hilldale Baptist Church, Clarksville, TN
© 2020 Hilldale Baptist Church, All artwork, photography, writing © 2020 by the individual artists and writers
Purpose: To create an eBook that will:
1. Encourage believers in their relationship with Christ Jesus
2. Show the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers in a way that engages the heart and mind of the readers
3. Be a witness to the world of the transforming power of God as a person chooses to follow Christ
4. Inspire creativity in ourselves and others
Scriptural basis: Galatians 5:19-23
Please read in several translations
Cross-reference other scripture passages
We aren’t looking for the typical children’s book where there’s a bowl of fruit on a table with “Love” written on the grapes and “Joy” written on the apple, etc.
- prose (short stories, or devotions)
- All high quality and that provoke deep thought or unique insight into one of the “fruits” of the Spirit, an overview of all of the fruits, or a contrast of the life of the flesh with the life in the Spirit.
All ages are invited to participate.
We won’t have room for everything submitted, but don’t let that discourage you from sending us something now or for future eBooks.
Our first “audience” will be members and friends of Hilldale, but think of the audience as reaching much further than that.
We will encourage our Hilldale family and friends to share the link to our eBook with their social media contacts.
Tell us which “fruit” of the Spirit you are submitting something for (in case it’s not obvious.) We will use the words as translated in the Christian Standard Bible as our chapter titles: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control.
If interested in participating, please submit your idea to us by July 15th. We will then send you more information regarding deadlines.